St. Bridget of Sweden School was established in 1957, three years after the parish was founded. It was the vision of the founding paster, Fr. Patrick McGoldrick, and Cardinal McIntyre to open the school which would meet the needs of the expanding San Fernando Valley population.
The original plan was to start a 16 classroom school. With the establishment of the local parishes with schools and the expansion of the Van Nuys Airport, the plan was altered to the present structure.
The school was initially staffed by the Religious Sisters of Charity, headed by the first principal, Sr. Frances Paul. The Sisters of Charity remained as administrators of the school until 1982, when a lay administration was appointed by the pastor.